Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Run Like Hell 2008

So it was done, the Run Like Hell 5k. And, I improved my time by about 3 minutes. I ran a 9.13 minute mile and came in at 28:37. Yup, last year's time was about 31:03 or so. I remember being sick and bummed that my time had not improved, but I was sick! So this year, I actually felt really good going into it despite the fact that the whole household woke up an hour late! Yup, that was my fault. I had set the alarm for 7:15pm in stead of AM! It could have been disastrous! Luckily, I woke up at 8am sharp and freaked. "Get up!" I yelled at Isaiah, "We have to meet Liz in half an hour, we gotta go!" So up we were. I threw on my costume, slapped on some make up, Dimitri and I gulped down some OJ, I brushed my teeth, and we sprinted out the door. Luckily, we were only about 5 minutes late to meet Liz, but that also meant we had no time to stretch. I pinned Dimitri's number on him. Mom had taken some pretty good shots of the location at Pioneer Place.
My dad and her got there pretty early. She even called me when I was on my way to brush my teeth. "Where are you?" she asked. "I woke up late, gotta brush my teeth" I said frantically. "Well, were already here," she said. "Ok, good. I'll see you soon".

So off Liz, Dimitri and I to the swarm that were the 5kers. There were so many people and a variety of costumes. What did I see? We saw Mario and Luigi, cupcakes, a banana, some people from Star Wars with a baby Chewbaka and more. I was a german beer made and surprisingly enough, it was easy to run in. Also, one of my students was there, so it was nice to see his support. Finally, we all crossed the finish line and were out of breath. Dimitri and I's knees hurt, and Liz was sore (she had also been moving all day on Saturday, but all in all, it was fun!

2 comments:

Devonshire said...

Congrats on improving your time! Great costume. Love the Beer Maid idea, did you wear thigh highs? That seems to go with the costume photos I saw on line. ;-D Hope things are well.

andrea said...

Thanks! Nope on the thigh highs. They were tights with Isaiah's tube socks, haa haa! It was cold outside, the back side of the skirt is kind of short, so gotta cover it up!