Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

I must say, I'm on the edge of my seat for the first time in my life on election day. You see, I've never been political. I actually hate politics and politicians . All they do is either a) lie to your face by twisting their magical words, or b) make normal folk just YELL at each other cuz you might not agree with their point of view. I'm not saying that this election is different in that sense. I'm not saying that Obama and McCain supports *love* each other, or even tolerate each other. On both sides, there is a lot of fear, hate and racism going on. But for the first time in my life, I've stepped out of my non-confrontational bubble and declared: I am FOR Obama. You would think it's obvious that'd I'd be for him because I lean democratically. Voting Democrat would be expected, and is almost an after thought. But this is the first time in my life that I actually *believe* in a candidate. I have faith, and hope wrapped up in this one person. Sure, I don't agree with all his issues, and I"m sure him and I will have a bumpy relationships (as all relationships do) but I can say that without a doubt, I voted for Obama and am proud of it.
I don't hate McCain, I actually like him. I can tell that he loves his country and not just because he served it. He cares about the American people and about his policies, but unfortunately, that's as far was we go. Once him and I get down to the nitty gritty of it, that's where our ideas differ and I respect him for wanting that kind of change, but I don't agree with him on how that change is to come about. I also don't like his VP choice and I'll leave it at that (I'm retreating back into my bubble, can you tell?)
But all in all, I'm like a nervous teenage waiting for the quarter back to call me after he asked for my number. I can barely work for fear of missing something important! But, MSNBC tells me I have 3 hours and 51 minutes until election results, so I'm sure I can squeeze in a little work before I get obsessed.

Obama!

No comments: