Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Love in the Asylum

Currently I'm reading Love in the Asylum. I thought I'd take a break from the deep heavy novels I had been reading and cozy off into the corner with a light, a bit brighter book, or at least I hope. I haven't been able to do much reading so I'm sure these post will be few and far between. I can only afford to read a chapter a night, and by chapter, they are usually 4 pages. Yep, that's the life of the much too busy and I don't like it.
I haven't gotten much into this book yet (probably just 30 pages in) but so far I enjoy the writing and I find that surprising. I keep expecting it to be cheesy or awful but it keeps twisting and turning in directions I don't expect and I find that refreshing.
As for the running, well I just work out right now. I don't think I'll be doing more long distance race running until I get my back checked out. For as long as I can remember, I've had a stiffness in the lower right hand side of my back. I just lived with it as through out the years I've grown accustomed. However, searching back through my memory data banks, I realized that the pain coincided with a car accident I had when I was 15. I remember going to physical therapy once a week for a few weeks, but being 15 and volleyball season right around the corner, I discontinued my sessions and that's probably why this stiffness has stuck with me through out the years and is more noticeable now that I actually do things with my back like dancing where I have to use a lot of rib cage action as well as hip movements. So, off I am to see a physical therapist if she can cure me of this back pain stiffness and I can dance and run freely for at least a few more years.

No comments: